Regen Pastures Beef Brisket Recipe
Brisket is typically a very lean red meat protein. Cooking it correctly lends itself to an outstanding dining experience, one that your family and friends will love and enjoy. The instructions below will help you discover the terrific flavor of our Beef Brisket!
- Heat the oil in a large, deep sauté pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat until the oil shimmers or steams. Sear the brisket.
- Pat the brisket dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat and turn on your vent or fan, if you have one. Add the brisket and sear, flipping once, until a golden brown crust forms. Transfer to a 6+litrespot or larger slow cooker fat side up.
- Mix some grassfed beef bone broth into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until the brisket is very tender, 6 to 8 hours on the LOW setting (140 degrees). Switch to the WARM setting and let rest for at least 20 minutes. (If your slow cooker doesn't have a WARM setting, transfer to a baking dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil while resting.)
- The brisket can be sliced or shredded immediately and served. Or, let the meat cool, then refrigerate overnight. Before reheating, scrape away and discard the layer of fat that has formed on top.